10 Year Warranty
10 Year Warranty
At SafeStor we are so confident our galvanised steel sheds are built to last that we provide them with a 10 year warranty against anti-perforation ;( not including locks and hinges)
What is covered by your SafeStor Warranty?
- This covers the repair and replacement of all SafeStor manufactured parts, this does not include locks and hinges, damaged from corrosion, subject to the condition the SafeStor shed has been maintained in compliance with the maintenance instructions.
- The units multipoint locks and Hinges are not manufactured by SafeStor but are still covered by a 12 month warranty that covers the replacement of the multipoint locks should they fail through the use of normal wear and tear.
- Locks that have become damaged through an attempted or successful break-in are not covered but can be replaced for a small charge.
- The lock handles are not covered by the warranty as they are designed to sheer off in case of an attempted break in, replacements can be purchased for a small charge.
Replacing parts of your SafeStor Shed
- If a component of your SafeStor shed develops a fault please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with all details of the problem and any related images and purchase order number.
- If the failure is due to manufacturing we will supply the replacement part at no cost. If the part has failed from neglect or wear and tear the part will be provided at a charge.
- If necessary a SafeStor engineer can be dispatched to you to find the problem however this again will be at a cost.
SafeStor maintenance level expected to validate your warranty
- Your SafeStor shed must be washed down regularly with soapy water recommendation is approximately four times per year, after which all locks and hinges must be lubricated fully, dependent on the local climate such as coastal conditions this may be required to be more often that recommended above. A pressure washer must never be used.
- Locks and hinges must be lubricated at least once a year to ensure they are easy to use.
- Paint damage should be treated with a rust inhibitor and immediately touched up with suitable paint, do not leave the damaged area untreated.
- Any ground anchors used must have been treated with rust inhibitor prior to securing the unit.
Condensation and extreme weather maintenance
- The chance of condensation occurring in your shed has been dramatically reduced by being designed with the integrated SafeStor ventilation system, however you can help reduce it even further.
- We recommend you place your SafeStor shed in a location that allows for constant air flow around the shed rather than tight against a wall or shed.
- Brush any snow fall from the shed when possible. If the lock is frozen pour warm not boiling water over the lock and wipe dry. Heavy rain may result in water ingress so be sure to check the joints around this area and reseal them with a silicone sealant if necessary.
- Your SafeStor shed and the items kept inside are not covered for any damage caused by condensation or damp, and failure to reseal in the event of rain damage will invalidate your warranty.
- Your shed should also not be placed in a position where it can suffer from excessive amounts of sunlight that will cause the metal shed to become too hot. Damage to the contents caused by heat is not covered by the SafeStor warranty.
If you wish to return a purchased product please refer to our returns policy.
For full details please see http://www.kintech.co.uk/warranty